Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sheepishly saying hello to the New Year

(yes, my friends, our turkey had actual breasts......)

Uh, so (shuffling my feet)- I was MIA for a while.
I sort of fell out of blogging and into the world of children and homeschool and the overwhelming realization that I had holiday fairs looming very close on my horizon and no inventory to speak of- not to mention holiday orders and children who needed holiday magic themselves.
So, blogging fell by the wayside.
I am back, trying to make amends.
I vow to myself that I will not make promises I can't keep but I will try and I promise to try to blog regularly to share life with four children. Daily, maybe not- but frequently I am sure I can manage- complete with the joys and burliness of child rearing and self-rearing- the latter being perhaps the biggest of all.
I will start this New Year off by showing the miracle of the breasted Thankgiving bird that graced our table this past Thanksgiving.
For some strange reason that I am sure has its roots in physics and air pockets, our bird came from the oven with a pair of round breasts. Shocked, the children, my husband and I stopped to stare and then burst into a roar of laughter that echoed through Noisy Cottage.
Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment