Thursday, September 1, 2011

Finding the time to live the life you love and blog?

the light over our dining table

This is a tricky one for me, as I sit here, I know I am burning the polenta and wondering what things I can be doing with my children.

Blogging is fun- but it's more than that, it's a little bit of "hey, check out this idea" and a little bit of "the funniest things happen when" and it is also a delight to just be writing about life- truly. And yet, taking the time to be on the computer has a certain push-pull to it.

I find myself fighting the urge to throw the computer away (which would be a silly thing to do considering all the things that I rely on the computer for-- including some serious homeschool information) but still- there is that balance that I seek.

I see photos on Facebook pages and blogs of families off in woods, on the beach, in the world and I am misty eyed about how fantastic that is and then I realize that at some point they left that piece of paradise for just a little while to post about it in whatever venue they use and I wonder how they work that. I get lost in that. I find myself lost for days and weeks in the world of children and home and marriage and friendship and then I worry and worry that I have forgotten all the wonderful things I could share on this blog about projects or recipes or what have you. Finding balance, always seeking to find balance.......

I was encouraged to blog by friends who called to find out what we were up to quite often and would ask what we had been doing recently? What magic was afoot in Noisy Cottage? So, I will continue to strive to find the balance and blog but, sometimes, I get so lost in the every day moments of life that I forget that there is a such thing as a computer or the internet........

No comments:

Post a Comment